View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Kreider says hello.

Not disagreeing about Wellman, but he knows the type of player Zucc is and he knows the type of progress Zucc has made since last season. He was commending him before the injury.

Given the way Torts shelters Bickel, I'd have to think if Dubinsky can't go and Zuccarello is close enough to 100%, he would go with Zucc. With Zucc, he can play him the same 3-4 minutes on a fourth line, but he can get Zucc 2-3 more mins on the PP, where he's at his best. It's also a unique skillet and a look that the devils have not seen. That alone is a small advantage.

With that said, I think in all likelihood, Dubinsky is going to play tonight. I think the decision has already been made and the only reason it hasn't been confirmed officially yet is because Torts doesn't want to give Deboer any advantage of dressing his lineup accordingly. Torts has outcoached Petey boy so far. Let's hope it continues.
Kreider is a special case--and even he might have stayed on the sidelines if Hagelin hadn't been suspended and Boyle concussed. The choice then was--John Scott or Chris Krieder. Who would you have chosen? Wellman was still playing in Hartford and MZA nursing his injury. There wasn't much choice. Eminger as a winger? Woywitka as a winger?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote