View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

vCash: 500
Finally took the plunge on a new pair of skates. I went to my LHS and found a pair of CCM U+ 09 that were left over on clearance in my size. I got a pretty decent deal on them, $180. I'm now finally wearing a skate that fits my foot. I didn't bake them last night, I'll get them baked sometime this week as I really wanted to try them out on my game (I'm upgrading from a terribad pair of Bauer Silver which were $40 when I bought them and was first learning to skate that was a size and a half too big).

I tried to them during my game last night, and it's amazing how much of a difference a new skate can make. Each stride transferred power to the ice so much better than my old skates, my turns were crisper and faster. The entire boot is so much stiffer than my old one that I can really feel how much better of skate it is. The steel is also much better and digs into the ice much better so I've got much more stability when turning. My first two steps are now much more explosive than before because I lose less power when taking my strides.

All in all, I'm a very happy man. Now once I get them baked, I'm hoping that the boot is a little bit more comfortable Right now, they're not particularly comfortable.

These are the skates:

And a video review:

Last edited by Stories: 05-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.