View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
yeah but if we don't take some hitters soon, we're going to keep running into the problem we have no for many many more years. Our problem is not just having an impact hitter ready to play but having any hitters ready to play. Even if theyre not top talent, its important to fill your minor leagues with serviceable hitters if nothing else, for call-ups sake. If you look at winning ball clubs, they always have some players in AAA knocking on the door. We just need a few of those guys to apply some pressure. We hopefully got our impact hitter of the future last year, in Bell. We are really dying for "quantity" not just quality.
I don't disagree with you at all but I don't think we should be reaching for talent either.

Unfortunately, the solution for the Pirates is they need to spend $ on a FA or take on someone else's player salary if they want to get a legit MLB bat right now. Really, other than a premium on Hanrahan to someone like the Yankees, what do the Pirates have to offer for a bat?

What kills me with the Pirates every year is they will spend millions on multiple low level FAs instead of getting one or two players who will make an impact. It kinda reminds me of Craig Patrick's reclamation projects with rolling the dice and hoping these guys will be adequate.

I know he's not doing that well right now but why not at least try to get Marte in the MLB lineup? Unless they are showcasing Gorkys for some reason...