View Single Post
Old
03-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Banger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I think Hitch does see the difference between a first year player and a veteran. Veterans will always get more ice time with regards to Hitch, even if the first year player is a much better player than the veteran player that Hitch is giving ice time to.

I don't care if Hitch is going to dole out ice time like that. What I want from Hitch is to be fair and for 3/4 of the season, he wasn't fair with the ice time. It's only been recently that he's been giving the Carter line more ice time. When that line was playing good hockey in November and December, he didn't give that line any additional ice time. To a certain extent, I think Hitch screwed Carter out of the ROY award (even of Ovechkin is going to win). If you take a look at Carter's performace this past week and change, with the added ice time, he's been putting up numbers that would be favourable to the big two. But I digress. In the long term, Carter should be the better rounded player because of the Hitch experience. But Hitch does need to lighten up a bit on the first year players though. I'm looking forward to someone pulling a Latrel Spreewell on him.

blah, blah, blah, ice time, blah blah Hitch. Hitch doesn't want to burn the rooks out. Not sure why that is so hard to understand. Look at Pits two years ago, he was totally done for the playoffs by the end of the season. It's not that they don't want to play hard they just don't have the stamina yet they are kids still. They've never played this much hockey in a season in their lives against competition like this.

Which would you say would be a successful year? Carter gets 40 goals and leaves it all on the ice in the regular season (which often happens to rookies) or would you rather have him fresh and generating scoring opportunities shift after shift and being a solid playoff contributor? The playoffs are the important part of the season.

Carter is playing GREAT right now, the TEAM is playing great right now. The key was getting healthy and they finally are starting to turn the corner. They have proobably the most balanced lineup with their ability to roll 4 lines, their defense will be mean and tough to play against. All they need is to get healthy and have good goaltending.

Carter is getting PP opportunities and is playing good quality minutes each game. The flyers have 4 good lines and Carter just isn't going to get the minutes that rookies on average/bad teams, it just isn't gonna happen so get over it.