Thread: Speculation: FINAL: Where does Nash end up?
View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 04:33 PM
MTaylorJ1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Yup, Nash has been "average" except for one year....he's only a 7-time 30-goal scorer and has twice hit 40. Neither Krejci nor Peverley has hit 25 in their careers a single time; Peverley has hit 15 only once.

What's the value of Tim Thomas? He's 38, is most likely declining, and is a $5 million cap hit even if he retires (35+ contract). Moving him allows Rask to step in as the starter and Khudobin as the backup, clears a huge amount of salary, and allows the Bruins the chance to either re-up their own guys or else make a serious run in free agency.
I like Rick Nash. It's possible some other team would pay that particular price for Nash. Boston (more specifically Peter Chiarelli) is not that team. Trading two centers for a wing runs counter to his M.O. thus far, and being short centers was one of the things that caused our collapse in the 2010 playoffs.

The organization (although sometimes not the fans) loves Krejci. I think you'd likely find that Chiarelli wouldn't put much of a plus on him to get Nash at all, nevermind Peverley, Thomas, and a 1st, and in reality, the way Julien runs his lines, it makes sense, it's probably that Nash wouldn't get the ice time here that would justify that kind of outlay in talent and cap hit.

My mindset is that Boston will likely look to make a deal similar to the one that returned Nathan Horton in the summer of 2010, rather than any kind of blockbuster.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote