View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
The corruption of the deal is to be expected from our ever increasingly corrupt government. The concern for Jackets fans would be for how iron clad the deal is relative to the Jackets being bound to Columbus. Based on the early returns, it doesn't engender much-if any-confidence. I'd hardly be shocked if there are sufficient loopholes to drive a few semi moving trucks (ala the Baltimore Colts) through the "contract".
Baltimore and Maryland basically goaded the Colts to try to move, then were shocked when their pathetic scheme (seizure of the team by claim of eminent domain) actually triggered the move. In the grand scheme of team/city, team/county, or team/state relationships that were handled by idiots on the government side, the Colts' 15-year fight for a stadium makes the current Glendale arrangements look competent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimovs AK View Post
Oh thats why, I thought it might have something to do with the practicality, such as the price of jet fuel and needing a pilot's and driver's license to operate one. Good to know its dumb people's fault though
Consider the cailber of the average driver. Now consider how many truly stupid drivers there are. Now consider that every single person on the road was judged by an agent of the State of Ohio to be competent to operate a piece of machinery weighing between 1,500 and 4,000 pounds at high speeds.

And then we'd want them in the air instead? "Police believe that the woman who flew into power lines and knocked out electricity for half the city was applying makeup during her morning commute..."

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote