View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 06:37 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Exactly. Not to mention that the reason we lost the NJD series was more than just the defensive play of our forwards. Goaltending, defensemen, offense, AND the defensive play of our forwards led to the Flyers getting embarrassed. My God how many times did a defenseman turn the puck over in their own zone? How badly did the Devils shut down the Flyers offense? How many shaky goals did Bryz let in? But yeah, Mike Richards would have saved the day!
I agree. We all knew and i remember reading posts about it how the team after the moves has a ridiculous age gap in terms of experience. we had older defenseman (pronger and kimmo) as stars a mid range goalie (age wise) and the majority of our offensive talent was now insanely young. i know holmgren looked at thomas and rolsoson (as depressing as that last one is) when he signed bryzgalov (who i still think is the right guy) so he assumed his best years through experience were and probably are ahead. but the rest of the teams players are out of whack age wise. the stanley cup is always the hardest puzzle to put together because its all about injuries and match ups but i don't think he realized that the pronger window would close so fast. If that damn grabovski didn't whack pronger in the face were looking at a completely different season this year.