View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 04:07 AM
Thomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Hainsey has a lot more potential than some people seem to think. The reason why he was drafted in the 1st round was because of his offensive skill, which is far superior than Komisarek's at this point, and could rival Markov offensively in the near future. Hes been treated as a yo-yo by this organization up to now, having strong starts but then sat to play defense like Traverse last season and Bouillon this season. Hainsey is an offensive dman, yet was hardly getting any PP time to learn and improve his NHL skills. The few games he has played this season he never coughed up the puck which resulted in a goal, but made some rookie mistakes which is expected from a 22 year old. He seemed a lot more confident the last 2 games he played, being on the ice for 2 of the Habs goal, and his play at the blueline was responsible for those goals.

I'd rather see Hainsey getting top dman ice time in Hamilton rather than sitting in the pressbox, at least now he can improve his defensive play a bit, and work on his net clearing. I still believe we could have both Hainsey and Komisarek in the line up at the same time without hurting this team. They seem to think Komisarek is NHL ready now, while Hainsey held his own in the few games he played this season. Pairing Markov and Brisebois, Souray and Komisarek and Rivet and Hainsey would have been ideal. rivet really helped JBO during the summer, while he helped Markov become the player he is today, I dont see why it would be any different with Hainsey.