View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post

That's essentially what an offseason thread is.

I hear you but I actually think that type of move would accomplish letting the team pass responsibility to the next generation but in a responsible way, long term sort of way. Keep Souray around as the main (older) veteran on the team.

My reason for even bringing it up is because I A) really want Morrow gone, B) want Benn to be the captain - but not quite yet, and C) I don't really see any other options on the team as very appealing. Loui has the standing league-wide that it would be fine but he doesn't seem like the ideal type and the idea of giving it to him for a season or two and then giving it to Benn just seems odd to me.

Lastly, Souray should be fairly cheap to re-sign. He didn't have a great year but infusing some youth on the blueline and removing Robidas from the equation should be seen as making the team better.
Souray as captain is a little further toward bananaville than most of the rest of this thread.

As far as other captains go, I think Daley is a good choice and IIRC it has been mentioned on this board by others.