Thread: Proposal: Tor - Bos
View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I don't see best D in the game but 15-20 if everything goes perfectly. Needs to play meaner too.

If anyone, anyone at all thought Hamilton had a chance of becoming a top 5 D in the game he would have easily gone first overall.
Nobody saw Chara, Weber, or Lidstrom as being worth a top pick, that certaimly doesn't mean that they aren't 3 of the top 5 D in the league.

Players develop and become much better than they originally were envisioned to be and some players end up not being what they were thought to be.

All we have to do is llok at the Leaf's most recent top 10 picks in Kadri and Schenn. Kadri looked like he was going to be anextremely talented forward and Schenn looked like he was going to be a shutdown D. Neither of them are even close to achieving those goals.

The point is that there is no way you can say Grigorenko will be a 90-100 point forward and to suggest that is what he will be is to suggest that he will score more than anyone in the league right now except for a few players. You are saying Grigorenko will outscore everyone except Malkin, Stamkos, Crosby, the Sedins, correct?

Also, I never said Hamilton will definitely be anything, I said he has a chance to be one of the very best D in the game after his games develops further. No sure thing, just a chance.