View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Not really. He has a strong resume as a player and good standing around the league among players.

Nobody here is in the room so unless they're basing that on something said by anybody in the organization I think it holds about as much water as what I'm proposing.

Then there's the question, "is Trevor Daley a guy who is going to captain a team to a Cup?" Followed by the question, "is he captain indefinitely or is he keeping it warm for someone else (I think Benn)?" If the answer to the second question is yes to the latter part, then I think that's a bad idea.

I personally don't like the idea of giving it to Daley in any capacity to be honest. At least with Souray his tenure comes with a fairly known and soon expiration date.
I meant more that most people around here (I think) don't expect him to be back, and you want to make him captain.

You have hit on the problem that the team doesn't have much in the way of future captain material. I think Benn is more of a situation where the best player gets the C, although he could be a fine captain someday.