View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 11:43 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
They seem committed to Robidas and I doubt they'll keep both he and Sourey. You can't supposedly remake the roster yet bring everyone back. One of the two is gone but it is obviously much easier to just not sign Sourey no matter even if he wants to return, than it is to trade Robidas with his NTC.

I don't see the upside here. Who's taking Robidas? Paying him 3.3 million to be a bottom pair guy with a roll back on the salary cap seems unlikely. Especially when a team has to pay for the pleasure. Make no mistake I want him gone but he's probably the hardest to move.

I have to think they're ready to take a chance with Dillon and quite possibly Benn. Heck Nemeth may well push for a spot. If they want a stop gap there have to be better players than Sourey but all of it is contingent of trading Robidas. Who needs or wants him? Then once you come up with a list who's giving the Stars a price they're willing to accept? I'll be damn impressed if JN can farm him off on someone but it seems obvious by now that there's not a price being offered that they'd agree to.
It seems like people are skipping over him straight to the other D prospects. I thought Benn was good every time he was on the ice in each game that he played. Plus, the 2A in the 3GP looks good. Though it's a tiny stat and might not show any real production capabilities what so ever at this moment, it shows that he CAN play at this level as well. That's why I put him after Dillon to make the club.

Oleksiak is 19 and needs to soak in the AHL for a bit, like mentioned earlier.

Nemeth would be great to have, but he needs a year in the AHL as well so he can get used to playing in NA.

I just personally think that Benn is being overlooked more than maybe he deserves.