Thread: Proposal: Florida/Chicago
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
What "mistakes" should he own up to? Everyone on this board wanted Stalberg traded last summer.. what does Bowman do? Nothing. Then, Stalberg comes in this year and scores 20 goals. I'm not the biggest fan of Stalberg, but his season certainly helped justify the only "poor" trade Bowman made in 2010, with a gun to his head.

It's not a "mistake" that he couldn't land anyone of significance at the trade deadline.. and no one on this board knows what the Hawks were trying to do throughout the first half of the season and at the TD to get impactful players.

I guess you could say moving Campbell was a mistake, but if the Hawks land one of Suter or Parise.. or aquire someone through a trade that they wouldn't have been able to land if they still had Campbell then I'm sure most would sing a different tune.

Players did underperform this year. Coaching was all over the place and yes, Bowman didn't get anyone to significantly improve the team.. but the point of moving Campbell wasn't to get cap space to aquire the first available big-ticket player that's available, it was to have the option to aquire/sign someone to improve your team if it makes sense now and going forward.

Bowman's had 1 summer/season with money to spend and while he didn't sign anyone that made a significant impact in that stretch, he also didn't cripple the Hawks cap situation. Crawford and Frolik are the "worst" and both only have 2 years remaining on their contracts and neither are badly overpaid at 2.66M and 2.33M respectively.

He has to be given more time to show what he can get accomplished.
Although I'm not a big fan of his and still wonder how he got the job in the first place, you do make some solid points.

Would you agree that if the Hawks are one and done again next year that he needs to go?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote