View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Tundra

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
as much as i sincerely dislike torts, i cant blame him for whats happening. Similar to Renney he realized early that the only way THIS team will win is to scrape out 2-1 wins with defense and goaltending. If gabby didnt turn it arond this year we prob are sniffing the 8 spot again which is clear by the playoff performance so far. THIS team is simply incapable of playing an uptempo offensiveminded game i give torts credit for recognizig this and enforcing a system that gives them a chance every night.

as far as not being coached on 2-1's...these are elite players, playing on the biggest stage, they do not need to be coached on how to handle odd man rushes. as far as im concerned these players need to be let lose, especially on the power play. they have been playing this game thier entire life they know how a pp works, let them play.
Tortorella and Sullivan know the inherent limitations of their roster and in turn have implemented a system which minimizes these weaknesses. I don't know how any objective rangers fan could call this team a bunch of chokers when they've greatly overachieved. The defense is a basically carrying this team both offensively and defensively. And we all know Henrik has been a wall. Enjoy the journey I say. This team is only going to get better.

Last edited by Tundra: 05-22-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote