View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 05:23 AM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
If your idea of consistency is having Rucinsky score 30 goals along with 60 pts then thats just not gonna happen. He's never been a scorer nor should he really need to be on this team. The way I see it, guys like Lindros, Kovalev,Nedved and to an extent Carter should be this teams scorers. Inconsisting scoring is a given when it comes to a 2nd/3rd line winger. Hell in today's NHL most 1st line players are inconsistent when it comes to scoring.

What I do expect from Rucinsky as far as consistency goes is to give an effort out there every night and most importantly his defensive consistency both 5 on 5 and on the PK. This is especially true now that he is on a line with Holik and Kovie. I think he's done very well in this role as his backchecking has been great. For the most part he's been in good defensive position and I honestly think he's been the teams best penalty killer and one of the reasons it's top 10 in the league right now.

I hope he keeps up that consistency because I know that his offensive contributions will soon subside.