Old
05-22-2012, 11:19 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Uh, YEAH! Like I said, you haven't watched them play this season, have you? Voynov is better in every department. Johnson was a career minus 90+ with the Kings and the numbers don't lie. Kings fans are thrilled with him being gone and Voynove coming in. Carter is the icing on the cake at this point as far as that trade goes. Johnson himself said they didn't use him properly in LA but he's been pretty pissed off in all his post trade interviews. He seems to be playing better in Columbus so the trade with LA is win/win thus far.
I've watched them play in the playoffs, but I guess if you have seen more of them maybe I'm wrong, but I was (and am) a fan of Johnson and at least in my book he's a second pairing guy. But again, like I said, I'll concede the point that their blueline is better off without him. I think it is pretty clear that my earlier post was not about Jack Johnson, I merely mentioned him as a way of buttressing my point. Ignore the Johnson sentence. The fact remains that Richards and Carter are not the driving force behind the Kings success this year, nor is their absence the driving force behind the Flyers lack of success.