View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Clowe would be two zones behind those linemates! Tootoo takes stupid penalties, don't like him. We already have Emelin, Pleks and PK doing stupid stuff out there. I don't like Moen on a third line these days. I'd like more production in that spot and Bourque is too lazy to play on my team.

Jackman is ok and won't be cheap for what he brings. Hannan has feet of clay tho.
Okay all valid points I'll address them. Sure Clowe's footspeed isn't ideal for our style of play but he's the sort of player we need in our top-six. Another big winger especially since Gionta as the captain won't be playing on the third line, which is fair considering if healthy he'll probably produce at around a 30-goal pace. You have Gionta, DD, and Pleks holding top six roles, the other winger needs to be a beast if we're going to compete in the playoffs.

Tootoo takes stupid penalties, fine. But he's borderline nuts and brings an element that we don't have on this team and I like that. Maybe you take him out of the equation, move Moen to the fourth line, and bring in Leblanc (or try and coax Perezhogin out of the KHL) to play on Eller's wing. Perezhogin - Eller - Leblanc would be a great line actually.

I know Bourque is lazier than hell but he's on a fair cap hit and probably not going to get moved (it would be Gauthier-esque to move him after his worst season at lowest possible value), give him the chance to rebound. Although seeing as you're located in LA maybe we can send him out to you, and you can "make him disappear" along with Gomez somewhere up in the hills.

And I stand by Hannan or a similiar player as I think we need a veteran guy on the bottom pairing who is dependable and stay-at-home and would rather sign one for bargain basement prices than overpay at the deadline. Jackman you overpay by a year and a few bucks because it's Montreal and we have to do that with UFAs.. but come on he and Gorges would be an elite shutdown pairing.