View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If the Habs had had their usual finish on the PP, how many people would've thought the Habs "style" were boring? My thinking is, "not a lot", especially with media equating "goals for" with "exciting style".
Tbh, I didn't mind Martin at all. I liked him. When I say boring I refer to other people's analysis of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Boring is what these playoffs have been anyways, if you want to win it looks like you will have no choice than to play boring hockey so might as well have a coach that is capable of having that boring style in place
Maybe a few tweaks. Strong forecheck a little more crash and bang would be entertaining given the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The coach has to deal with the available players. He can't send cruisers to slug it out with battleships, so they have to adapt. It's up to the GM to stock the team with hard-driving forwards. For example, the Habs should have chosen Kreider instead of Leblanc if the idea was to compete with the Rangers and Flyers.
I agree with you 100% on first part. If we're all small forwards, playing a hard nose hockey style won't work. However, in the case of leblanc vs kreider. Habs choose who they felt was BPA. So that competing with philly and all should have no bearing at the draft.

On another note for leblanc. Guy played what 5 leagues in 4 years? 6 in last 5. I mean, let's see how he can do when he's in same environment for over a year before we underestimate him. I don't wish to hype him, but I like his fundamentals. Good skater, smart and a high compete level. Will never be confused as a big time point producer but can be a solid 2nd/3rd line guy.