View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I personally want both Robidas and Sourey gone. I'd rather roll with the kids and give equal minutes seeing who steps up in what situation than retread the wheel spoke with our previously balding tires.

At that point with two spots open a guy like Klein, Meszaros, or whomever is on the outs with their current club is a better bet than those two on our roster.

Can we go back to my point for just a minute. Obviously it's pure speculation but what does everyone think is an acceptable price Niewendyk and company will take for Robidas? At best are we looking at a guy like Pirri and a 2nd/3rd from Chicago? Would that be enough? Could you pry a kid like Robak out of Florida? They've wanted NHL ready talent but I can't imagine there are a lot of teams who will give up a younger guy for Robidas unless that guy doesn't fit their timeline, ie he's a 1-3 years away. Unless Gagliardi has turned Joe's stance on immediate help trading him seems like a long shot at best.
Did somebody offer Pirri and a 2nd/3rd? I take Pirri straight up for Robidas.

As far as FLA, I don't think he waives for them, and I don't think they need him unless Garrison leaves, in which case I wouldn't mind seeing his UFA rights come back.