View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 01:39 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
I thought this might be an interesting exercise. Of potential trade targets (I'm going to stick to guys with higher salaries on teams that could be in cap trouble + 3 years or less on contract), unrestricted free agents, Robidas, and Dallas prospects …. what is your Top 10 or 15 to fill Dallas' final 3 spots (Assumption: Goligoski, Daley, and Larsen in Top 6, Pardy #7). For my list, I'm taking in what you have to give up to land them into consideration (i.e. Souray just re-signing vs. trading picks to acquire a D).

1) Ryan Suter (I don't count on him coming to Dallas, but I think they'll pursue him heavily).
2) Justin Schultz (Same for Suter)
3) Brenden Dillon (costs no assets, and he seems ready)
4) Mark Fistric (Costs no assets, Team needs physical D, cheaper than UFAs, development curve is still moving up)
5) Andrej Meszaros (Could see him being a cap dump so Phili came make a splash elsewhere or even re-sign Carle. Assets should cost a ton, but he's due big money - $10.75 million over two years with a smaller cap hit of $4 million.)
6) Jay Bouwmeester (Big, mobile defenders with excellent defensive player make you better. Major draw back will be potential asset cost in trade.)
7) Jordan Leopold (Big cap problems, over spent last year, and probably the easiest of their assets to move. However, he was also an excellent player they'd probably want to hold on to. How much does it cost to make a deal?)
8) Filip Kuba (Over 35 years old so you can get him short. Better option than Souray, IMO)
9) Hal Gill (See Kuba)
10) Sheldon Souray
11) Bryce Salvador (Over 35 years old so you can get him short.)
12) Zbynek Michalek (Cap issues, key players to re-sign over the next several years)
13) Michal Roszival (Can you get him to take only 2 years? Steady not great. Mobile but not physical)
14) Paul Martin (See Michalek. Probably cheaper to acquire)
15) Keith Ballard (Cap issues. Firmly behind the Pens D IMO)
16) Cory Sarich (Physical, right shot. Can you get him to take only 2 years?)
17) Stephae Robidas (I don't have an issue personally with the guy, but Gaglardi is right to suggest the old leadership could be the problem.)
18) Jeff Schultz (Reclamation. Woywitka/Pardy Risk)