View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Just looking back to last year, the Flyers traded for Bryzgalov in the middle of the Cup Finals and Carter was traded to CBJ a day or 2 before the draft. (Assuming Nash will be traded) Would the CBJ attempt to deal Nash before the draft to possibly acquire a pick in addition to NHL talent, or will they wait until free agency to start up?
I find it highly unlikely they wait until after the draft to move Nash. Granted they'll need the "right" offer to pull the trigger but it's been mentioned in several places that "a 1st" would be part of the deal. Granted that doesn't restrict it to 2012 but it seems most likely. Just my opinion but if the deal doesn't happen before the draft I could see this as a deadline deal again next year. Depends on how Nash projects himself (disruptive or still "OK")

Depending on the pieces I would hope we could land what we need in assets and get a 2013 1st. I say this more because depending how the 1st round goes this year we could use the LA option if there is someone there we really value (Dansk? KoeKoek?) and still have two picks in the 1st next year.