Thread: Proposal: Florida/Chicago
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Rexy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2wojo View Post
One that had to shed 3 significant pieces and multiple other complimentary pieces because of the cap. Ladd, Buff, & Versteeg were critical parts of the depth that made that Hawks championship possible. While I am far from sold on Bowman (I have significant reservations of the last 2 deadlines...Oduya & Campoli were not anywhere close to the type of dman those teams needed and we did not add center depth which was also needed both times), I'm willing to see how the next 8 months unfold. Sign Suter, move Hjammer and prospect/picks/spare parts for a #2/#3 center and we might have the legit depth to make a run at another cup as opposed to being just good enough to make the playoffs (which is all the Hawks have been the last 2 years if you want to be honest).
yeah he had to shed talent, he also made no effort to replace that talent. He also significantly underrated the talent he got rid of. You telling me he couldn't have got more for Andrew Ladd? a Second Round Pick and a KHL Defensemen? That's It?

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote