Old
05-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlockhart89 View Post
Posted this in the prospects sugning forum as well:

Just my 2 cents, had the priveledge of watching Johnston all year for the Broncos. I wondered several times during the season if he'd get signed to an NHL deal after coming out of college in a few years time, so it's not entirely surprising to me that he got inked to a deal already. He is a silky smooth forward with great offensive instincts and great finish.

He was hands down IMO the top forward in the entire RBC Cup tournament (looking better even then more notable players like Mario Lucia and Wade Murphy from Penticton).

One game in particular he cycled the puck around the Soo Thunderbirds zone for a solid 5 and a half minutes with team mates. They wound up scoring twice during that large period of dominance, but had it not been for tournament MVP John Kleinhans in net Johnston probably could've had 3 or 4 goals in a 6 minute stretch alone.

He finished the tournament with a scoring line of 5 goals and 4 assists in 5 games inlcuding 3 game winners. The guy is clutch and knows how to score. Not sure how his game translates to the pro leagues but he is definitely the best all-around forward I've seen lace up for the Broncos in my time.
Thanks for your post.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote