View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
I don't mind all this talk about captaincy, but we aren't in the locker rooms. While we have a good idea, we don't know who says what when it matters. And that's the biggest part of leadership, IMO.

I'll take Robidas over Souray any day. Robidas always seems to give it his all (even if that may not be very good), does seem to be a quality leader, and can actually play somewhat decent defense. All Souray's really got on him is his shot, I can't think of much else.

His contract is up after this year anyway. Just let him walk, or get some minor assets for him at the deadline if we're out of it.

Goligoski, Larsen, and Daley are locks for our defensemen next year. I'll be quite surprised if Fistric isn't back. That leaves two spots for Souray, Robidas, Dillon, Benn, and maybe Nemeth to compete for, as well as anyone we acquire through FA or trade. Dillon should get one spot unless he has a horrid TC, which seems doubtful. And Souray/Robidas are too expensive to keep on as a 7th defenseman. Nemeth and Benn should both be in the AHL.

Keeping them both is asking for a disaster. And I'd much rather let Souray walk than try and trade Robidas.