View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
The Canadiens need to rip a page out of Dean Lombardi's book when it comes to building a third line. Go find the Lucic's and the Dwight Kings and George Nolans! Bourque would not make the LA Kings roster, he'd be in the press box. Same with Leblanc or Perezhogin. No chance, tho I'm not ready to give up on Louis yet, I like his release.

Hannan's best days are way behind him imo. He was solid in the old rules, but I can't see it now. I do agree that we are missing a warrior to pair with our skilled D tho, and Jackman very well could be the guy tho he's undersized for the game he plays.

I'm not a Clowe fan. I lived in Norcal for a long time and I know the Sharks very well. Clowe is extremely inconsistent, mostly because he is as slow as molasses. In a playoff round, he can be effective on the boards, but can also be passive. Not sure he helps us against Chara, so I would opt for size WITH speed like we've been doing.

You don't address our goalscoring issues either. We need some guys who can put the puck in the net!

I would also start looking at players that have performed well in recent playoffs who might be available, like Jarret Stoll for instance. He's a big body hustler. If he's your third line center, you might be a contendah.
How would Bourque be in the press box in LA while they have guys like Penner on the 2nd line?

Check Bourque's career stats in Calgary, I don't think there are any NHL teams he couldn't crack.