View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I am over it, you're the one that likes to pretend to have actually given him a chance.
At least own up to being biased against him right from the start. It happens, no big deal.
Nothing to confess. I gave him the time that I needed to determine what he could do. He did nothing.

Quote:
How many years did Hartley coach in Atlanta? You seem perfectly content bringing up his winning record there.
Martin has coached here for less than 2 years and a half, he also has a winning record and he was at the helm of the team that went to the ECF, a first in more than 15years. Many believed he overachieved with a very average team. That became even clearer when RC took over and took this average team all the way down to 15th in the East.

But yea, you were really patient and unbiased. Of course. Keep telling yourself that.
Ahem... Jaroslav Halak... Team outplayed in every series. Thank you Jaro. Martin owes you.

Quote:
Clearly, you're not here for a popularity contest.
Nope, and I'm certainly not ashamed to say it. Following like sheep? Not my forte.

Quote:
Quite funny that you seem to praise yourself on so much knowledge and experience, but I guess you don't have enough of them to notice a difference between the way Carbo ''coached'', and Martin did. Looks like you still have plenty to learn.

Ruff hasn't one anything in the NHL. Neither has Trotz, or a multitude of other great coaches. It also happens that amazing players don't win. Meanwhile, Aaron Ward has like 4 rings.
Once again, you're showing your vulnerability and lack of understanding. See, it's far from praising knowledge and experience, but rather justification for having an opinion which, as I've stated numerous times, isn't better nor worse than anyone else. You on the other hand, have often downplayed others' opinions and mistaken your own for facts. Using your style of debate (see Carbo winning the Eastern Conference vs Martin winning a couple of playoffs' rounds) doesn't seem to sit well with you. Funny isn't it?

Quote:
He didn't like Subban or Cole?..Right. You so did not just take that straight out of your ass.
Do your homework. Rings a bell? He sat both Cole and Subban in spite of them being our best players.

Quote:
I'm not downplaying him. There's a reason why he's in Switzerland, and hasn't coached in the NHL for 5years. It's not because he wanted out or retire. I know it's really hard to understand, but maybe, just maybe, he really isn't as great as you think.

As I originally brought up regarding all these candidates, I am not interested. It seems we're talking about who is the best of the mediocre clan. I rather go fish in the ''good-great'' pond. None of those guys fit.
His record, which you conveniently keep on avoiding, says otherwise.

Quote:
I could respond with a similar childish remark, but I'll be the bigger man and restrain from it at this point.
Ironic considering your comment about the popularity contest. Hahaha!