View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM
elMatador

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post
as of mobile defenseman...we played tight defensive style in which you need this "pylons" to clear the zone...so Jurcina, Kudroc, Chara are locks in Sochi...
pretty much that cost Slovakia the gold medal game, by 2nd period the defence was gassed and unable to make break out pass or even clear the zone, same in QF game vs Canada, luckily Canada didnīt capitalize on that

Chara is head and shoulders above everyone, he can compensate his lack of agility with his reach, hockey IQ and positional play
Jurcina, Sersen, Mihalik, Valabik, Stehlik or Kudroc donīt have any of that. Most of time they take stupid penalties anyway.

Quote:
Hrivik...his name i heard 1st time when i read that he was called to train with NYR...
If you happen to saw him in Connecticut as I did we wouldnīt be having this conversation

Quote:
Handzus...if you think his speed is major problem then ok...get him fast wingers and problem solved...he will feed them with nice passes...Tatar and Bartovic as our version of TGV and we are done...one great line...then if we have free mikus then let him be center between Hossa and Kopecky...they have enough experience to pull him with them
Handzus is declining pretty fast, also injuries are taking their tolls unfortunately
Bartovic is good depth guy but in Sochi he will be 33 years old
Mikus is maybe 1st line center in Slovak Extraliga along ageing Pallfy but donīt fool yourself that line would be terrible to watch against Russia or USA

on Hawks Hossa had Kopecky on left wing centered by Toews or Sharp

elMatador is offline   Reply With Quote