Thread: Proposal: Niemi, Clowe, + 2nd to Tor..
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
The Sharks need a winger who is cost controlled for at least one more year beyond next season. One of the main reasons we have to trade Clowe is we won't be able to afford him when his contract runs out. What is the going rate for someone like Kadri?
I will offer two views on Kadri's value:
Most Leaf Fans: top 10 pick
Most Non-Leaf Fans: diddly squat

Actual value is somewhere in between. Since he was drafted a few years ago and still hasn't made the NHL his value is obviously not going to be a top 10 pick, it's arguable not even a first round pick at all anymore. His value is fairly subjective and will change from person to person, personally I would probably put him in the late first early second range myself. If he can crack the leafs line up (or another teams if he gets traded) next season I think his value would probably rise a little to 15-25 first round range, maybe higher if he completely tears it up which is unlikely. Won't find many/any players as skilled as him late in the first round, it's just that he is small (although he plays on the edge usually) and his defensive play still needs attention.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote