Thread: Speculation: FINAL: Where does Nash end up?
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Southlake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
As the playoffs are drawing to a close, and teams are better assessing where exactly they stand and keeping an eye on CBA chatter, the market has the potential to get very interesting. There are probably 29 teams bidding to some extent, rather than 5. And talking openly about who asked for what was probably a lot more calculated than most people think...if it didn't burn that bridge, then it forces "the list" to be expanded.

None of us dislike Pavelski. I don't think saying that Nash is a better player is anything against Pavelski...heck, in my case, I've got a Waterloo Blackhawks jersey that I'm just waiting to get customized with his name and number.
Fair enough re: bridge burning and list expansion.

And no, saying Nash is a better player isn't anything against Pavelski. I don't necessarily agree on all points, but I don't feel any need to beat down on Nash as a result. The conversation gets overly tedious whenever Nash fans want to argue that Pavelski is the equivalent of a third line pylon. (Likewise, when Sharks fans try to argue that Nash is some kind of inept player that somehow stumbled on to Team Canada)

Southlake is offline   Reply With Quote