View Single Post
Old
05-22-2012, 11:52 PM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Building for one season makes no sense. There are no free agents worth any thing that will sign here. Parise will not come here. We may be able to entice Suter or Weber but... to what end.

Goalie. Captain obvious says give Price what he wants for 5 seasons. I don't like the long contracts and if he's worth the money we spend he'll probably re-sign in 5 years.

Hire dependable back up veteran who can handle only playing 20-30 games.

Forwards

Go with what we've got. Good bad or ugly. I want to win, but we need to build with our draft picks. Eller, Patches, and Desharnais are good top 6 players who will develop well. We lack real depth at forward and any with the picks we have over the next 2 years we need to bring back depth. Strong teams are grown on the farm. UFA teams don't last long or gel.

Defense

The NYR could be our prototype.

They've let their young players learn on the job. Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto and ... McDonough

Tinordi and Beaulieu may both challenge for a job. I could realistically see

Markov Gorges
Tinordi Subban
Beaulieu Emelin

on D next year. We'll lose lots of games, but I think we'll be setting ourselves up of 3 years from now.

We'll have a good mix of Vets, Soph/Juniors and Rookies (top picks from this year and next). At that point we'll be able to sign a free agent or 2 and the long contracts of Gionta, plex and Cole will be near an end. Hopefully our top 3 pick this year will pan out (I want Forsburg BTW) to be the special player we need. The following years draft is deep.

The future is bright but lets not make TO's mistakes, patience is necessary.