Thread: Injury Report: Zuccarello
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 03:38 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
thats my point,why bother even putting him into the lineup?people here want to thrust him right back into the lineup and hope he produces playing in a bottom 6 role.and thats just foolish
Hey. That was exately my thoughts too,before his last 7 games stint before he got injured.
To my big surpise he was an offensive threat from the fourth line,and he forced Tortorella to give him more ES time-His two first games he had two helpers from 4ish minutes of TOI in game one and 7.49 TOI in game two-Playing with Rupp and Mithell.
After that Torts seems to trust him more and more,wich gave him one goal vs The Avs in 17 shifts and 14.32 TOI.
His ES time was with Rupp and Mitchell,and was rewarded with the third star of the game.
Next game he gave us a PPG vs New Jersey devils in 16 shifts and 13.37 TOI.Torts let him play third line ES minutes with Boyle and Mitchell,and even here he was rewarded with the third star of the game
Game after that he gained no points against Red Wings,playing 16 shifts and 14.32 og TOI again. And again on the third line with AA and Boyle.
His last game this year against The Sabres,he only got 3 shifts in 2.09 TOI,because he broke his wrist.
He was supposed to play on third line with AA and Boyle this game to. So as you can see,he doesn`need to be in top 6 to be effective,but of course he is best suited for a top 6 role.
I for one remember all the praise he got for the last four,five games here on these boards,from twitter,New York Newspapers and from Torts himselfe.

But all that written, I hope they rest him the rest of this year,so that wrist of his,doesn`t get slashed in to pieces and ruin his carrier.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote