View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 03:50 AM
ctwin22
Go Desert Dogs

vCash: 500
DeMo finished the year strong after whatever his "family" issues were resolved and played ok. He's played better in the playoffs, so we'll have probably a better year from him, a slightly better year from Yandle and an improved OEL.

Add in steady Klesla, mix in a couple youngsters (Gormley/Stone/Summers) and sprinkle in a "older" veteran and the defense should improve.

The biggest thing I see is that Boeds has taken the step to "knowing" he's a good player and the Boeds/Vermette/Doan line is gonig to be good, very good next season. I think the only thing we're missing is the following (not in any order of importance)

1 - Get rid of Biz and bring in someone who understands that sometimes it's ok to be the only guy getting a 5-min major call.

2 - Can we get by with Vermette as our #1 center? Yes, but I'd prefer to go get an entire 1st line and then have Bods/Vermette/Doan & the Prime Line as our 2 and 3 lines

3 - We need to begin working on the PP now. It will take that long to find something that works.

4 - Need to replace LOL, I wouldn't mind paying Giguere $1.25 to be the backup. As competitive as the playoff race is, you can't throw out LOL every 4/5 game and expect to make it. Plus, Smith may revert to his injury proness and then we'd be screwed without a competent back up

ctwin22 is offline   Reply With Quote