View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Fork

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
nobody seriously defines the WC as best on best. The last four b on b were the '02, '06, '10 OG and '04 WCup.
i see a lot of people on hfboards discounting the world championships. i wonder if this is only because their country lost. if canada had won the tournament, i dont think people would be saying the same things about the world championship.

people claim that the WC doesnt count because not all of the best players go. this may be due to a number of factors, including the stanley cup playoffs, personal preference, injuries, etc. However, people seem to forget that canada is NOT the only country affected by this. There are players from the USA, Sweden, and every country that do not go to the WC. By your logic, if Canada is so dominant in the sport of hockey, shouldn't Canada overcome this problem by still icing a highly competitive team in the WC due to depth and the large amount of available players. This means that Canada should be less affected by players not wanting to play, so canada should actually be more dominant in the world championships than in "best-on-best" tournaments such as the olympics, relatively speaking. however, this is not the case as Canada hasn't won the WC is how ever many years