View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Vandalay Industries

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Watching the teams that are left, and Bruins from last year and how hard you have to forecheck and hustle your ass off to win in playoffs, it blows my mind how anyone would want Jagr back.
So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
A giant Hell No!

Jagr was pathetic down the stretch. I lost my voice countless times screamin' at his old ass in rounds 1 & 2. His 1rst line minutes have already (deservingly) been absorbed by Vorachek.

Where would you put him? 2nd Line? No ****in way. He's a 3rd line forward at best. We gave him plenty of opportunities to resign but he rebuffed them all with the intention of testing the open market. Let him walk, he was a typical European skill forward who when confronted with adversity and playoff time, disappeared faster than a fart in the wind.

There is no way the Flyers bring him back.
So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
The Flyers offer was not the highest last summer

After signing a one-year, $3.3 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday, the winger told reporters during a Saturday conference call that "there were a lot more teams with a higher offer than Philadelphia."
The former MVP reportedly received a one-year offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins for $2 million. The Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens were also interested in the 6-foot-3 veteran.
That is SO easy for Jagr to say. How is anyone ever going to assemble all the evidence to prove him wrong?

I don't think you will be able to gather all the GM's in one room and be able to say "now let me see your hands in the air if you offered Jagr more than $3,3 millions".

And the same goes for KHL. Who says his possibilities for earning that much in KHL are still there? - he really wasn't worth that much in the KHL for last couple of seasons

Patrick Thorsen, Kevin Dallman, Roman Cervanka, Matt Ellison, Sergei Mozyakin, Alexei Yashin, Marcel Hossa and others were doing better than Jagr.

But it's WAY to easy for him to just claim stuff that just happens to be where the money is like a right handed center. (What a load of crap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
By the way, what happened to the posters who predicted a 100 point Season For Jagr, and contending for the Art Ross? And all that stuff about how Jagr is in great shape, and all that. Where did those guys go?

Jagrgodr is one of those guys, and in this thread he is still filled with more knowledge than anyone.... and where is jags6868? Those guys are just so far out.

At least you can still have a good laugh about them right here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=946809&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Well, if the reason he signed with the Flyers is because he wanted to mentor rookies then that's fine, but I don't buy it, and if he didn't want to be a Penguin, he shouldn't have said he did for 2 months.

I firmly believe that Jagr doesn't need money, Talbot on the other hand, being a former 8th round draft pick and being a career 4th line center, him getting $1.8M a year for 5 years is okay because that might be his only chance at a long contract with a good amount of money.

Jaromir Jagr has had numerous big contracts in the past, he's made millions in the NHL and KHL, are you telling me that the extra $1.2M was a must for Jagr? Because I don't think so. And I disagree about him "not working well with Crosby or Malkin" Both of them have left handed RW's who play great with them, Jagr's whole "I want to play with a right handed center" was just an excuse.

If he wanted to have a bigger role on another team then that's fine, but the fact that the Penguins talked about him before he signed, penciling him in the top 6 and giving him top PP time and just talking about the potential of adding someone like him. Playing RW next to arguably one of the two best centers in the NHL. That's a pretty big role if you ask me.

And you asked me if I think he turned down the Pens to troll them? No, but I do think he turned them down to earn some more cash, because that's all Jagr cares about, sure he loves the sport of hockey, but he doesn't care about a team unless they offer him a lot of money.

Would I still take Jagr back on the Pens? Absolutely, I don't hate the guy, he's a good player.

Very good and very decent post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
dude as i asked in first post, do you even read and think?

Dude, YOU are the one not reading and thinking.

"Eyes of Orpik" was actually delivering a very decent explanation without being derogatory or condescending unlike yourself.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote