Thread: Speculation: FINAL: Where does Nash end up?
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Just like Heatley right? That argument is thoroughly disproved, it almost never happens. Plus, Marleau had his most productive season not paired with Thornton, just like Pavelski, yet that stupid argument persists. It's made by people who flat out don't know what they are talking about.

EVEN if Nash scored 45 how is 1 goal, and decidedly weaker defense worth an extra $1m per season?

God that argument annoys the crap out of me, it is such falicy. Veteran players do not go to new teams and miraculously increase production, no matter how many times this is said people just keep spewing this garbage.

More often than not players continue to produce at essentially the same rate regardless of the quality of their team. There are rare exceptions, but they are exactly that, exceptions.
Since you like to pick different pieces of a post and attack them I'll do the same. Are you forgetting Nash has made the playoffs ONE time while the Sharks were in the playoffs the last 5-6 years? The fact that Nash put up those numbers by himself on a team that hasnt picked in the top 10 one time is the amazing part. But you have a man crush, I understand. Oh and btw, comparing Nash and Heatley is hilarious mostly due to their completely different attitudes.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote