Thread: Speculation: FINAL: Where does Nash end up?
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
A lot, it shows that the team is good enough to actually compete to be able to put up those numbers easier. As for your goal totals its 3 goals and even that is still impressive from Nash considering they suck in the regular season and Marleau plays with Thornton. You have your opinion, I have mine. Quite frankly I dont care enough to go look up players who have improved their goal totals after going to a new team. Nash may not score as many but the Sharks will be a better team due to teams having to key on him which allows other players to improve.
The difference between Nash and Marleau won't likely be production. It would be playing style and when those goals are scored.

If the Sharks were to acquire Nash, they would be doing so with the hope that he can turn it on in big games.

Regular season point totals aren't a huge area of concern for the Sharks, they do fine as is. What they would be looking for is someone who scores at crucial times like in the postseason. Nash is a fairly unknown quantity in that regards so if Sharks management is told by their pro scouts Nash would be key... I can see them going hard after him. If they say he is too risky with that contract, then they won't.

I think they are also likely looking to shakeup the locker room.

Last edited by Crede777: 05-23-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote