Old
05-23-2012, 10:05 AM
NotOpie
HeDidn'tReallyDoThat

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to NotOpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
How does this have anything--at all--to do with "sour grapes"? I have nothing invested in Murphy, Peters or Muse. I don't like any one more than the other. I'm simply stating facts.

Muse played 15 games, so what? He still posted phenomenal numbers, and was by far the best goaltender Charlotte had last year. His demotion had zero to do with skill and everything to do with contracts. He posted over half as many wins as Murphy in far less than half as many starts. Peters posted some stellar numbers himself way back in November, when he was named AHL goaltender of the month.

Also, the NHL trade deadline was Feb. 27. Mike Murphy played in exactly 8 of the Checkers' final 20 games, getting yanked in 2. There's a reason Murphy sat the final 4 games of the season, and it's not because he was "The Man". It's probably because he posted 3 wins in those 8 games since the deadline, while Peters posted 3 in those last 4 games.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't *bad*, last season, nor even mediocre. But:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvUwqCYFsmQ&t=0m20s
Look we're both entitled to our opinions and mine is that over the course of the season Murphy was head a shoulders the best goaltender in Charlotte. When Muse was there we iced our best team, not trashed by injuries as much as late in the year. Sure he was great and yes contracts had lots to do with it, my point is that it wasn't just goaltender play that let the Checkers down. And Murphy will be missed.

NotOpie is offline   Reply With Quote