View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
TUCKER 06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Side note: One thing that I would chirp at is if someone has a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey on in an adult league. It was always a huge no-no to wear real jerseys for pick up games, practice, etc. Also - don't wear the socks, either. Get yourself a plain black or grey pair of reebok practice socks and everything will be okay.
I don't really see a problem with guys wearing NHL sweater for pick-up hockey. I dunno, I guess I think a little different than you. That being said, you wouldn't catch me wearing either of my Habs sweaters, but that's just because I treat them like gold and I am kind of superstitious as to when I wear them (home jersey for home games and away jersey for away games- can't take it off half way through a game - except for wings/ribs).

I play with a couple guys who both wear their $250 Team Canada Vancouver Olympic sweaters during pick-up. They kinda look like idiots out there. I do, however, wear a Team Canada Bauer "practice" jersey that came free in a case of Molson Canadian from time to time, so I can't really chirp them.

I gotta say, Being completley decked out in Tampa Bay (or any other team's) gear is a whole different situation. I'd probably have a hard time keeping my yap shut with that one.