Spacek/Gill confirm Martin is garbage coach, Gauthier senile old man, Cunney a puppet
View Single Post
05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
President of Canada
Join Date: Jun 2007
It's important to note the following:
1. Stubbs has always fanboy'd Spacek. (no kiddin' he goes to lunch with the guy)
2. Spacek isn't an average player. He went for the money and pretty much sucked the entire time he was here.
3. If you do the same candid interview with Cammy you'd get similar responses but probably a different vibe. Cammy, as much as I dislike him, would not have deflected all the blame like Spacek did.
5. Goat was a bad GM. How could you not talk to your god damn players?!
6. Coaching is motivating, and Martin was a bad motivator.
7. I was rooting for Carbo but I think that he'll have the same non-dynamic personality as Martin. A team needs the weekly talk, the one on one, all that and needs it with the coach not the video guys or the equip manager. If you tell a player he's sub-par or slumping he'll tell you he knows, then you could be on the same page and move from there. Also works for relationships.
8. I hate Dave Stubbs and Spacek. If only Stubbs went to Carolina with Spatcho.
Martin was not a bad coach but he did not fit. My biggest complaint was the passive system and Spacek confirms that the players didn't love it either.
Martin did wreck both Wash and Pitts though, I won't even give Halak so much credit as I'd give Martin and the staff. The matchups were tremendous.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by WhiskeySeven