View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Is there something to this....the long suffering Hawk fans tend to be Tallon supporters and the newer fans are Bowman guys?

I'm probably older than most of you, and I definitely support Tallon. I have seen way too many bad teams, or good to great teams that got blocked by the Edmonton Oilers or Pittsburgh Penguins, etc. I appreciate what Dale built - and accept that while he certainly made some mistakes, it was worth it in the end.
Tallon was charged with throwing **** at a wall and seeing if any of it would stick.. some of it did, some of it didn't.. but it didn't matter, he wasn't under alot of pressure to ice a winning team.

Bowman's been charged with maintaining a consistent level of excellent play. The goal is no longer to just be there.. the goal is to win the division and challenge for the Cup. The pressure is to ice a team capable of winning the Stanley Cup every year.

I appreciate what Tallon did for the Hawks, I really do.. but Bowman's job is far more difficult and yet, for the most part, all he does is get **** on by a fanbase that hopped on the bandwagon in 2010 and now blames him for alot of the problems that now plague the Hawks. Some of it is warranted, but most of it is not.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote