View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Cam Barker was believed to be a solid top 4 (potentially top paring) defenseman who was trapped behind the Hawks depth.

Does that discredit the trade, Bubba?
Barker wasn't more than a #6 when Bowman traded him, Bell played in our Top6. Tallon won that trade, I already said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I'm not sure if you were a Hawk fan at the time, but when that deal went down it was monumental. It was the biggest acquisition made by the Blackhawks in over a decade. It showed Tallon had the balls to give up a good young player and top prospect to bring in a 1st line player, something the Hawks hadn't had since Daze went down.

It also showed the Blackhawks organization was willing to ice a competitive squad in a way not seen in a long time by giving big money to guys like Havlat and Khabibulin at a time when no one wanted to come to Chicago.

He acquired Campbell and Versteeg for nothing.

It's amazes me that 90% of Hawk fans posting on HF do no even appreciate how long it took for the Hawks to be a competitive team. Tallon played a large role in restructuring the organization and there is no tangible evidence of improvement since his departure.

Bowman has made 1 good trade for a guy who will never be as good as Brian Campbell. Whoop-dee-friggin-doo.
do we have to say again that Smith drafted a lot of the players we've had on the Cup team?

He overpaid Campbell big time and gave him one of the worst contracts ever. Huet was a big Tallon mistake too. McD wanted a splash, but Tallon wanted Huet.

I love this "were you even a fan back then" talk. I still know the article about the Hawks in the yearbook from the german hockey news. Havlat was just called "Mr. Everything" by them.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote