View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 03:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Soft for me also is defined by a lack of common place NHL quality skills, such as side to side movement, where Emery actually makes Crawford look good and both are weak in that regard. I mean, how many goals was Emery way off to the opposite side and the other team just tapped it in to a wide open net? Also, a straight on shot from the top of the circle, unless it's bar down, should usually be stopped too. That's just what NHL goalies do, that's what got them there. If they see it from semi-decent distance, they should be able to snag it.
Which goes back to a stoppable puck. Crawford's lateral movement isn't as bad as Emery's.. I'm assuming that was hyperbole.. which is surprising coming from a guy that's ragged on Emery since the moment he was given a try-out.

I agree that pucks from the top of the circles should be stopped.. I wouldn't define a grade-A chance as a shot from the top of the circles.. and by "open look", I was referring to the time and space opposing players had from the point or slot to take shots and tee up bombs.. which, taking into account we're talking about the Hawks, likely were taken with a player standing completely unharrassed infront of Crawford or Emery..

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote