Old
05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I'm not sure the value is quite there.

Consider that Paul Gaustad garnered what turned out to be the 21st OA as a three-month rental. I don't see why a starting goaltender would return less than that for the full year.

First reaction--it would be closer without the 2nd going back to Chicago.

EDIT: Why does Minnesota even need the cap space, or are we solely talking about owner greed here?
Why do Wild need a 6M #1 goalie when they have a solid 1A option in Harding and a good young goalie who can play 1B role

And Gaustad was traded at deadline ,, Prices are always inflated at deadline

As for the 2nd going Hawks way ,, Giving up 18th overall for a 1 yr goalie in 30's with hip injury history and 6M cap hit isn't fair value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
If that's all we can get for Backstrom, I'd rather keep him for one more year and let Hackett get better in the AHL. Harding has durability/injury concers, and I'm not comfortable throwing Hackett into a starting job for most of the season. It's not like we're strapped for cap space either, we don't need to dump his contract.
Harding IMO could be solid for 40-45 games as 1A with Harding as 1B ,, I see no reason to keep Harding in AHL as he has shown his game is NHL ready

I just dont see Wild as playoff team next year and think this trade helps all involved

-Hawks get G upgrade
-Wild move an expensive non critical part of team and move a mid 2nd into a mid 1st round
-Backstrom moves on to a contender as he enters the twilight of his career

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote