View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
with the injury to Nikolishin, i was wondering if any of these trades would fly, b/c Colorado is hurtin right now...

TO COLORADO:

Yanic Perrault, Craig Rivet

TO MONTREAL:

Martin Skoula, Brad Larsen, Florida's 2nd rounder in 2004
Done deal from the Habs' perspective. But *why* would Colorado want this deal? Perreault gives you a good faceoff man but he is terrible defensively (worst on a poor defensive Hab club), disappears for long stretches, floats in the neutral zone, and the list goes on. He's got a good accurate shot from the high slot and good on the draw, that's it.

Rivet would fit nicely in Colorado. He can have mental lapses and is inconsistent physically, but if his role is more defined, he will have far more success than he's experienced in Montreal. Plug him in as a #5. On the other hand, can Colorado afford an insane salary for a #5 defenseman?

Quote:
TO NYI:

Jordan Krestanovich, Washington's 3rd rounder in 2004

TO COLORADO:

Shawn Bates, NYI's 5th rounder in 2004
I don't see why NYI would trade a cheap veteran like this when they're seemingly planning on trying to go far in the playoffs on a tight payroll. If Bates is dealt, I would expect a current weakness to be addressed.

Quote:
TO PHOENIX:

Tom Gilbert, Colorado's 4th rounder in 2004

TO COLORADO:

Mike Sillinger
I could see this working, and Sillinger makes much more sense than Perreault. At least when Sillinger wins a draw, he will tie up his man.

It may take a bit more than what you've offered given the cost of bringing Sillinger to Phoenix though.