Thread: Confirmed with Link: Dorsett re-signed, 3yrs/4.9m
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2012, 11:29 PM
jacks johnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post

Seriously, we're talking about the guy with the highest faceoff percentage on the team and was a +4 playing in a checking role on a team where you can count the players with positive plus minus on one hand (and none of the other guys making the list played regularly throughout the year).

Mackenzie had 6 fewer points than Dorsett...with 30% less TOI/G. So, I'm not sure I'd even sure Dorsett is any more gifted offensively than Mackenzie, just that Mackenzie got less opportunity.

And then there is the stupid penalty factor, which makes Dorsett less valuable than he might be otherwise.

We spent a ton of money to bring in a guy like Pahlsson. Mackenzie has become exactly that sort of guy. Should he get Pahlsson money? No. But he shouldn't get "maybe slightly more than half" of what Dorsett is making either.
I was kidding, but not sure about macs position with the team going forward will be. Boom Jenner will be coming up soon, letestu ideally is probably 3rd line center , and would have to think nikitin will be next priority . Just my opinion, I may be wrong . I would have to think it would be less than dorsett money, maybe 1.1 per year, a trade able contract is a must

Last edited by jacks johnson: 05-23-2012 at 11:37 PM.
jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote