View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 05:33 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
Thats the tough part about this. When the Mets lost in 2006, I knew it would be many, many years before they'd get that far again (and of course I was right). And I have the same feeling right now with this Rangers team.

I'd also equate it with meeting a special woman, and losing her. You think "the next one is right around the corner" and then years AND YEARS go by and you just can't meet anyone like that again.

Richards is no spring chicken and there are some older guys on this team. Lundqvist is getting older, too. This may be his last shot at the cup.

I can't believe it. I was so sure the Rangers were heading to the finals. But then again I was also so sure the Mets in 2006 were headed to the World Series. The similar feelings right now are staggering. It feels like 2006 (Mets) all over again. Losing out on a trip to the finals (World Series) to a bitter rival, only to watch helplessly as they win (yet another) title.

I just feel like shooting myself rig
ht now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.
This is one of the youngest teams in the league. Your concerns are unfounded. They ate not even as good today as they are going to be in the next 2-3 years.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote