View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Maccas

vCash: 833
Well its been a little while since I checked in here!
I've just spent the last couple of days in Belfast playing some puck against the NI Tridents and watching some field hockey (Pretty girls with Irish accents wearing short skirts= Heaven!).
Had a fantastic game against the Tridents, we lost 10-2 and it was fairly one sided but it was played in great spirit and personally I had a fairly good game, with a lack of possession my game was mostly forechecking which I did relatively well, I was skating well and my speed seemed to cause the D a fair few problems.
The ice was absolutely superb and being what seemed like an olympic sized rink there was loads of space to play so it was a good end to end game.
It was intended as an advert for the upcoming World Police & Fire games which are to be held in Belfast next year and we had a fairly good crowd there which made a big change for me!
Both teams:

Me in white, attempting a pass back to my centre after charging round the back of the net:

Waiting for a pass and the back door which sadly never made it to me!:

Breaking out of the zone:

It was a thoroughly enjoyable couple of days (we stayed up until 5 in the morning drinking) and we were made very welcome and looked after very well by the Tridents, if anyone has the opportunity to come to Belfast next year for the games then I definitely suggest it.

Maccas is offline   Reply With Quote