View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
gainey was out of his element by 09 and it was clear he slapped the team together with martin and players 'unfit' for his system. in terms of vegan skeletor, blame boivin who walked into the next office and made a ****ing lazy decision. to not slap 'interim' on Gauthier was inexcusable
Good (and accurate) post!

CHill Seeker, I agree.....the recent demise of the entire organization started with Boivin's presidency.

The success (or lack there of) of most teams can be traced back to ownership. Gillette, although a very decent owner in many respects was obviously in it for the money and the short term.

I'm glad that Molson has made it clear that he wants the Habs to consistently compete at the highest level on a regular basis. And obviously Molson doesn't feel that either Gainey or Gauthier have the ability to get the job done (or he would not have let them go).

I'm amazed at how many people on this board defended Gainey and even defended Gauthier during each of their sorry tenures as Habs GM.

Can only assume it is a reflection of their knowledge (or lack of) regarding the game of hockey!

GO HABS!

Last edited by Melvin Udall: 05-24-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote