Thread: Nick Leddy
View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 08:57 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bowman did what we all expected and what I (and some others) said all offseason long.
Well, I expected all of that cap space to get spent. When he didn't make signings/trades in the offseason, the ONLY reason I could come up with for him waiting was if someone like Sharp went down, for example, and he felt he needed to replace him with Iginla. I thought it was just insurance in case one of our core guys went down, and if they didn't, then he would get the 2nd line C and/or top 4 D. Needless to say, I was shocked. I mean, all year I gave Bowman an INC in the grade threads because I was waiting to see what he did with the space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
We will go with Krüger/Pirri next year and see what they can do. If they really suck we go and trade for help at the TD. Come PO time, Krüger/Pirri should not be our #2 Center
No we won't. We'll hear the garbage about how the asking price was too much and Bowman didn't want to part with prospects. Then we'll lose early in the playoffs and be having this exact same conversation at this exact time 1 year from now. It's just one big circle of ****.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote