View Single Post
Old
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
True. Yet, with all the scouts and the attention that we give to the US system, we should have better results than what we are having, whether it's from the draft or the UFA's. While Philly got Matt Read, while Florida got Jason Garrison, we got Brock Trotter.

I'm a big NCAA hockey fan and believe we should draft immensely from that system. But we need to do better than that and if the Kinsella hire makes us do that, the better it is. Still, we ALSO need to do better in the Q than what we are doing. And it's not because Chantelois or Drapeau may be total idiots that it means the Q shouldn't be scouted better and have more guys doing it.

So if the guy is indeed great, well that's awesome news. And scouting is the way to go and we are addressing this. I guess it's the honeymoon.....and it's not yet about results on the ice...but we already are seeing some great results so far. And some more to come.
I 100% agree on that. I'm all for drafting the best Quebec players, I hate just as much as others seeing players like Giroux or Marchand, Krejci and Perron doing well elsewhere. But in the end we still need to draft the best player and those guys like you say are just there to bash Timmins and the Habs.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote